Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Sparkling roads

The one thing I like about winter is the frost. It gives a lovely sparkle to the world. The roads and pavements for once look quite pretty as if decorated for Christmas. The lovely crunch of the grass as it gets walked on. Only draw back is its damn cold slippery. My poor dog Jerry Lee running along following some scent or other hits a patch of ice and skids into a wall. Poor love shook himself and took off again and promptly skid again. this time he came back to mum looking sorry for himself. I have already got him his presant and given it to him. A large soft stuff mouse from the PDSA charity shop. His last suffed toy a blue bear lost its stuffing quite a few times and now it can not be repaired anymore. It lasted six months which is not bad. I think it is so cute to see a German Shephard running around with a toy bear in its mouth. It makes a change from the branches he normally carries.
My husbands brother has graced us with his presence rather early for Christmas and he intends to stay till the new year. Will I be able to keep my good humour and my sanity or will I just leave home? My husband solved the problem by going to bed early today and I mean early! 6pm!! He had better not do so every day or he is in big trouble.
I refuse to let buggerlugs spoil my festive season. Yeah easy to say!
Probably it will not be as bad as I think it will. Ohhh yeah????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home