Tuesday, November 09, 2004

What for Christmas?

I have just woken up to the fact that Christmas is on its way. I consider myself lucky I have only one person to buy a present for and one animal (?). I do find it rather odd for people to be buying presents for an animal, its the xmas stocking for them that gets me. I might love my dog heaps but no way am I going to buy him a gift. I am more than happy to give a donation to the local animal charities for Christmas but I donate many times during the year and buy the odd thing at the charity shops.
I have a passion for collecting plates, urns and jugs etc from Greece the sort that are bought as souvenirs that depict Greek mythology, charity shops are the best place to find them.
Some charity shops want a fair bit for what they sell which belies the reason for them. I mean some of them are rather greedy for money, Cancer Research and Oxfam are the most grabbing. CR wanted £10 for a Greek plate! Damn ridiculous price and I bet it didn't cost that to buy originally! I bought one exatly the same at the PDSA (Pets Dispensery for Sick Animals) for £1.50. Now the PDSA deserves to be supported.
As for a xmas present for Jerry Lee he can bark for one. Ah but I will get come extra treats in for him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home