Monday, November 08, 2004

This morning I took my dog for a walk down to the Gareloch estuary it was lovely just to stand looking at the calm water and it was so silent, hardly a bird sound. As I was absorbing the tranquility a thrumming sound intruded followed by distant booms. Coming around the point was a naval vessel and the sound in the distance...? Gun fire, someone was practiceing firing a large gun. The disadvantage of living in this particular part of Scotland. I thought about the peace camp on the other side of the estuary. Damn nuisance the peace campers when the stage a demonstration. Apart from it being a total waste of time it is a damn inconveniece holding up the traffic. Because of them I had to miss an important hospital appointment, took nearly a month to get a new date. This is the UK after all and I had been waiting for six months for an appointment.
Have the peace campers etc ever really stopped a war from going ahead? Not that I know of. And why do the nearly always seem to be left over hippies? But when it come down to it ... what they look like or dress like makes no matter at all.
I think the years to come will break their little hearts.
Don't forget to pray.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home