Friday, January 28, 2005

A lighter note?

Today I had a visit from the RSPCA. Someone had phoned them, anonymously and claimed that my German shepherd dog Jerry Lee was under weight and losing his hair. I have no doubt that it was my arch-enemy Gillian from across the road who was responsible for the call.
My Jerry Lee is not under weight, he is perfect for his size and he is not losing his hair. I have to admit that a couple of weeks ago I took him to the vet because he was losing his hair. It may be winter time but fleas yeah fleas are still about. Has to do with their life cycle and heating in houses. My poor darling Jerry Lee is allergic to the little blighters and had a very bad reaction so off to the vet he went.
He is covered by the PDSA which helps somewhat but I still have to pay for some medications and I do not begrudge any money spent on him. He had an injection, course of anti-biotics and eyedrops, one of his eyes was a bit weepy. Plus Frontline, £18 to kill all fleas that dare to come near him ever again. Then on top of all that a can of flea spray costing £23 to do the whole of the house. These bought from the vets. Then to help stop his itching a can of Tea Tree skin calm £3.17.
He is flea free, no itching and his eye is cured. His hair is growing back.
I showed the RSPCA Inspector his medications and paper work. I always keep these sort of things for future reference. Empty medicine containers etc. One of the odd things I do. Payed off didn't it. Jerry Lee is even micro-chipped so if he should ever get lost we would have a great chance of getting him back. The Inspector was happy with him. And not too impressed with people wasting his time out of spite. But they have to check out all reports and I do understand that.
I wonder what SHE will come up with next? Have I mentioned we go to court in March?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home