Friday, June 25, 2004

Friday

There are spooky things all over the world. A few years ago, in 1994, time sweeps along, I visited Balfour Castle in the Orkney Island. The islands are between Shetland and Scotland. Wonderful place to visit and if you like to play golf you can enter an really unique golf tournament. In either June or July each year at midnight play starts.
I only stayed at Balfour Castle for two nights, I had to ask the owners if the pile was haunted, I had my reasons, they said no. Well I believe it is and well I know it is. As on the first night I was woken by the bedspread being pulled off and then I was pulled out of bed. I was the only person in the room. I was most definitely not dreaming. It was so exciting!! A friendly ghost I wanted to tell everyone about it. Stuff me no one believed me. B******S. Even my own brother cast his eyes up and told me not to say anything to his friends. As if I was making it up to be interesting. I am glad I never told him about all the weird and unworldly (lovely word) things I have seen and experienced.
I am willing to listen to anyone who has had an interesting experience in life with the things that do not exist but do.
Change subject. I have a beautiful German Shepard Dog called Jerry Lee whom my partner Tom named after the K9 police dog Jerry Lee in the movies of the same title K9... Staring James Belushi. My Jerry Lee is 3 years old and we obtained him from a rescue centre. He poor darling had been found as a stray, very underweight and as he is a long haired GSD very matted. Some of his hair was cut to remove the knots. We visited the centre the first day he was up of adoption. I consider we were lucky to get him. He has been with us three months now. Last September we had to put our darling 14 year old GSD Cassie to sleep. The usual thing with GSD their hips go. Cassie could not walk and was not well. I so missed having a dog around and the companionship that we just had to get another one.
England is out of the cup. Really tough. I am an Australian living in Scotland so I am not too bothered. But I really have my doubts about the ref's decision.
Got to take Jerry Lee out for a walk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home